ErgoBlue 2: Split, Wireless, Solar Powered ErgoDox Mechanical Keyboard
Posted by Xudong Zheng on October 5, 2020
Over a year ago I built the first ErgoBlue after having
used the ErgoDox for two years. In the time since I've made numerous
improvements, culminating in this new version. If you are interesting in
building an ErgoBlue, parts are available for sale in my
About the Keyboard
- Keyboard can use a single 3.7V LiPoly battery or use two rechargeable AAA
batteries in series.
- Version suses around 90% less power than version 1.
- Version 2 supports solar charging using an energy harvesting IC (TI BQ25504).
- When using an external controller without using solar charging, 400mAh LiPoly
battery can last around 9 months. Two 750mAh rechargeable AAA can last around
- Can quickly switch between multiple devices, depending on the choice of
- Board includes a USB C port for programming and charging (LiPoly only).
Table of Contents
TODO TODO TODO links: case files, firmware
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this run QMK?
TODO TODO TODO forks available, won't be merged due to licensing issues
Is it possible to not have an external controller?